I offer tortoise boarding in Fareham, Hampshire. In addition to tortoise boarding I also offer boarding to other small pets.
I offer boarding to herman, Horsefield, European spur, marginated tortoises.
Unfortunately I cannot offer boarding to the more tropical species of tortoise such as leopard tortoises, star tortoises, red footed tortoises, yellow footed tortoises, African spur tortoises. We do not have the space or facilities to accomodate them.
While your tortoise is staying with us, they will experience a home from home where they will be a part of the family. We want them to feel at home and so keep to a daily routine where they will be happy, healthy and comfortable. As a tortoise owner myself I have the knowledge on tortoise care and their everyday needs and requirements.
We understand how important it is to keep an eye on how hot it becomes especially during the summer months. We take great care to ensure animals don’t overheat. All animals will be in the garden all day to ensure they get enough exercise and fun and also to make sure they are cool enough, where they will be supervised regularly.
As part of the boarding service, I can send you photos of your pets while they are staying with us. Even if you do not check your e-mails until you get home, they will be waiting for you to see. This is at no extra cost.
If you do not have an e-mail and have a mobile phone I can text you to let you know how your pet is getting on.
This is also at no extra cost.
The care your tortoise receives while staying with us includes:
- Fresh water every day (in enclosure to drink, and a chance to have a drink in their own personal bath at the end of a long day).
- Bath time for messy tortoises (if needed/required) They also have their own personal drying towel for their stay. These are washed in the washing machine and dried before being used again.
- Daily vegetables (depending on individual requirements). This included weeds being picked freshly from the garden.
- Any other food (if any)
- Bed cleaned out daily
- Run area cleaned out daily
- Run and items in run are cleaned and disinfected (Anigene disinfectant) at the end of each guests stay.
- Daily health check
- Inside playtime/outside in the summer time (if allowed) Please click here for tortoise run photos.
- All pets will have their own individual run which they will go out in daily (depending on weather) . This will be used exclusively by them and them alone. This means that all guests will not have to wait for a turn in the garden each day.
- Shell care (if requested/required)
- I can administer certain medication but please check with me what medication your pet requires, and how it is administered. I need to know this before a booking can be made.
- All tortoises will have an hide to shelter in if they wish, aswell as a sunshade put on top of part of the run area.
- All tortoises are brought in at night, and will sleep in their beds/boxes in the safety of the locked conservatory. No tortoises will be left outside at night under any circumstances.
When you bring your tortoise to stay you need to provide all equipment necessary for their stay. This includes any vivariums, lights, enclosures, boxes etc. I cannot provide any of this equipment.
I provide outside runs for tortoises exercise during the day.
Please look on Boarding photos page to see the tortoise garden day runs available to tortoise guests.
- Any other needs/requirements can be discussed either by phone, e-mail or in person.
- All stays are subject to my conditions of stay which can be found by clicking on my conditions of stay page.
- For details of my pricing please click on the pricing page.
A past customer review:
To contact me about tortoise boarding in Fareham my details are:
43 Miller Drive, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7LY
Tel: 01329 234648